What is in a Patient Portal?
With a patient portal, you can:
- Make appointments (non-urgent)
- Request referrals
- Refill prescriptions
- Check benefits
- Update insurance or contact information
- Make payments to your provider’s office
- Complete forms
- Ask questions through secure e-mail
- Test results
- Visit summaries
- Your medical history including allergies, immunizations, and medicines
- Patient-education articles
How do I use a Patient Portal?
You will need a computer and internet connection to use it. Follow the instructions to register for an account. Once you are in your patient portal, you can click the links to perform basic tasks. You can also communicate with our office in the message center.
Our doctors can also get in touch with you through the portal. You may receive reminders and alerts. You will receive an email asking you to log in to your patient portal for a message.
The Benefits of a Patient Portal
With a patient portal:
- You can access your secure personal health information and be in touch with your provider’s office 24 hours a day. You do not need to wait for office hours or returned phone calls to have basic issues resolved.
- You can access all of your personal health information in one place.
- E-mail reminders and alerts help you to remember things like annual checkups and flu shots.
When to Call the Doctor
Patient portals are not for urgent issues. If your need is time-sensitive, you should still call our office.